[hylafax-users] [Fwd: WG: [Fwd: Re: Hylafax Usage Report]]

On 2004.11.08 00:21 Robert & Sabine von Knobloch wrote:

Is logrotate rotating your xferfaxlog in such a manner that faxcron
always catches it just after the rotation?

Good question Lee. I am not a cron expert, but see that logrotate and
hylafax scripts are in cron.daily. What defines the order in which
they are called (I can find no crontab controlling this).

You logrotate configuration (usually in /etc/logrotate.d/) should have a hylafax entry that you may need to alter (i.e. don't have it rotate xferfaxlog).

Remember, though, that if you do that then you must beware that
xferfaxlog could, someday, fill up your hard drive if you did enough
faxing.

Lee,
thanks for the idea, but it doesn't seem to be the problem. It only rotates monthly. The current xfefax log is dated 1st. November and is empty, as are all the rotated (and compressed) logs, although several faxes were received today.
There are simply no log entries being generated and I don't know where this is configured, can any one tell me.
Tahnks,

Robert