Re: [hylafax-users] Patton 2977 unable to train

On 2004.11.05 10:29 Aaron Malone wrote:
I'm trying to get a Patton 2977 (digi datafire) connected to a PRI to
work with HylaFax on Linux.  Whenever I try to send or receive in
Class
1, I get modem timeouts and training errors, as seen in the log below.

(Class 2 is able to send, but fails on receiving; I'd like to see if
anyone can help with this Class 1 problem before pursuing that
further.)

Firstly, make sure you've got the latest, perhaps unreleased, firmware from Patton. It works much better than the old stuff did. You may need to contact Patton directly to get this.

I've tried sending to and receiving from a couple of good machines.
The
errors are relatively consistent; though with one I also get a "MODEM
<Timeout>; Problem sending TCF data" after the AT+FTM command.

I've seen conflicting reports about using the 2977 in the mailing list
archive; I'd appreciate any advice that you can give.

The Patton/Digi DataFire is roughly the same product as the Digi AccelePort RAS except that it's digital rather than analog. It appears that the same driver works for both, however. These products have long been quite problematic in Class 2 faxing, and for the most part were completely broken with Class 1 faxing. Due in large part to some tremendous efforts by Frank Brock, Patton has produced new firmware and drivers for at least the DataFire product. In my experience, the new firmware and drivers seem to work quite well, and it is my preferred solution for T1.

Lee.