Re: [hylafax-users] various receive errors with hylafax 4.2.0: COMREC received DCN this time

Sławek Staciwa wrote on 04/11/04 02:05 AM:

I had hylafax 4.1.8 for about a year, but since I upgraded, I seem to get a lot more receive errors, like 50% (very approximate). However, the reasons stated in the e-mails don't seem to be consistent, and if the sender retries, most of the time, it works. Anyway, I figured I'd wait for the next fax that had a problem (only about 2 or 3 total per week on this machine), so the log below is what I get.

Is this log enough or should I change the lines in config.ttyS1

ServerTracing:             1
SessionTracing:            11

to something else? What?

(the pdf that I get has the header bar and nothing else, it is blank, but I'd say it is blank in the sense that a blank page was fed into the sender's machine, because I can see a pixel or two of noise or dirt)

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Martin

Nov 03 12:22:19.71: [ 3415]: --> [2:OK]
Nov 03 12:22:19.71: [ 3415]: RECV FAX (000000523): session with terminated
abnormally: COMREC received DCN

In my box hylafax is behind Panasonic PBX, and PBX is connected by the E1 (T1 in US)
COMREC received DCN appears when PBX lost synchronisation with a E1.
Did your box is behind PBX ??

Greets
Sławek S.

Thanks for your reply...

There is no PBX in the picture. This is a normal residential analog phone line, no call waiting or other features that can make noise on the line. It does have "ident-a-call" (local brand name for distinctive ring), and the line goes through a ring selector box, so the modem only ever sees a ring when it is a fax call (that part has been working fine since I first set up this box back in the 4.1.8 timeframe).

Martin