From: hylafax-users-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:hylafax-users-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Matt
Sent: Thursday, October 28, 2004 10:50 AM
To: hylafax
Subject: Re: [hylafax-users] LIBTIFF fix problems

Ramminger, John wrote:

> I have SUSE 9.1 on my test HylaFax box.  It has the LIBTIFF 3.6.1.
>

> I am new to linux, but have a lot of Windows and Development experience.
> believe my options are.
>

> 1.	Rollback to 3.5.7 ( I tried once already and it didn't work)
> 2.	Apply the patch and rebuild 3.6.1
> 3.	Possibly go to 3.7.1 from the lib tiff site (Does this fix it?)

 Using 3.5.7 or even 3.6.0 will work fine with HylaFAX. Patching the 3.6.1
also works fine, apparently. (I can't say personally, because I use
3.6.0).
 Someone else may mention on this one, but I believe there may possibly
be, at the moment, some issues with the 3.7* branch. I may, however, be
incorrect regarding this.

 What problems were you having when you rolled back to 3.5.7?

Matt