Re: [hylafax-users] Hylafax und DIVA Server BRI

Am 2004.10.27 16:59 schrieb(en) Lutz Rethberg:

OK - I canceled all gettys but one in /etc/inittab:
mo1:35:respawn:/usr/lib/fax/faxgetty /dev/ttyds01

pyra:/var/log # faxstat -a
HylaFAX scheduler on pyra.dresden-tourist.de: Running
Modem ttyds01 (+49.351.4904186): Waiting for modem to come ready
Modem ttyds02 (+49.351.4904185): Waiting for modem to come ready

Hello Lutz,

I think you should have another faxgetty for ttyds02. But that should not prevent modem ttyds01 from getting ready.

pyra:/var/log # sendfax -n -d49192241 /etc/passwd
request id is 36 (group id 36) for host localhost (1 file)
Oct 27 16:55:05 pyra FaxQueuer[7807]: SUBMIT JOB 36
..."

But he dosn't submit.

Hylafax cannot process the submitted fax job because the modems are not ready.

I don't know hylfax - can you tell me, where I
can find further informations ?

You can get debug output into syslog if you change ServerTracing: in the hylafax config file and restart hylafax. Maybe you will get some messages showing what's wrong or what hylafax is waiting for.

Maybe the emulated modem devices need specific initialization by AT commands. Consult the card's documentation for this. All modem specific settings are in config.* files.

I have little experience with hylafax and modems. I use an AVM ISDN card (B1 ISA) with capi4hylafax.

Bodo