[hylafax-users] Corrupt PDF from received Faxes

I have the following setup:
Hylafax 4.2 on a RH9 box. Everything works great (sending and receiving)
except for the emails it generates on a received Fax. I get an email and the
Tiff link in the the email works fine.  The attached PDF however is corrupt,
acrobat cannot open it.  Out of frustration I commented out the part of the
faxrcvd script that removes the ps and pdf connverted from the tiff.  When I
open this pdf (via a samba share I created) acrobat has no problem.  The
file sizes are not the same between the attachment and the pdf on the fax
server, leading me to believe a problem with the mimencode utility that
faxrcvd calls to mime encode the PDF before sendmail sends it off.  Yes, I
have metamail v2.7.28 and sharutils installed.  Anyone else come across this
and find a solution. I am stumped!