Re: [hylafax-users] lpr to fax

Matt said:
> Neil Schneider wrote:
>
>> I've been asked to set up a pseudo-printer that will fax to one
>> specific phone number. I have hylafax running on the server. I've
>> tried to find documentation through google, without luck. Can
>> anybody
>> give me pointers to some documentation about how to do this with
>> hylafax? I don't need the user to select a phone number or cover
>> page,
>> this will simply print directly to a fax machine in a remote
>> location.
>>

>  If you're running samba, look on the HylaFAX website for the link to
> Sambafax.

I guess I didn't make this clear enough. I have a proprietary
application that runs on a Linux server. I want to define a printer,
that includes a specific fax number in the configuration. When the
user chooses to print to that printer, from within the application, it
will send a fax to the fax machine/telephone number defined in the
printer configuration. There is no samba, no windows clients involved
in this application. It runs on the Linux server and is accessed
through a terminal session. There is no opportunity to input a phone
number in the application, the phone number needs to be configured in
either the printcap (unlikely) or the printer filter. Sambafax won't
do the job.

--
Neil Schneider                              pacneil_at_linuxgeek_dot_net
                                           http://www.paccomp.com

Fires can't be made with dead embers, nor can enthusiasm be stirred by
spiritless men. Enthusiasm in our daily work lightens effort and turns
even labor into pleasant tasks. --James Baldwin