Re: [hylafax-users] resolution,

On 2004.10.18 08:45 Andres Paglayan wrote:
Small question,
Where should I look for a setting that improves outgoing fax resolution, (v 4.2)

In 4.2.0, in Class 1/1.0 (and in Class 2/2.0/2.1 when the modem supports it) default faxing will support all resolutions from normal to 400x400 dpi (R16 x 15.2 l/mm). During receiving we will follow the resolution requests that the sender specifies. So extended-resolutions will only be used when the sender selects those resolutions. During sending we will use the extended resolutions (maximum setting) when the USEXVRES parameter is specified by the client (sendfax -G).

In order to control this on the modem configuration, Class 1 uses Class1ExtendedRes (which will be deprecated in 4.2.1 in favor of Class1Resolutions) and Class 2 uses the AT+FCC query/command with the Class2DCCQueryCmd setting.

Lee.