Re: [hylafax-users] First time problem : "Hmm, something seems to be hung.."

Paolo.turato wrote:

> FreeBSD 4.10
> i386 (P3 733mhz)
> Intel 810 MB
> 2 serial ports on board as usual (cuaa0 cuaa1)
> 1 modem external serial Zyxel 2864 (working great with any other Linux
> distro).
>
> After installation of Hylafax 4.1.8 from the 'ports' (ports not updated
> yet to 4.2.0 but I don't believe this is the problem) I run 'faxsetup'
> and all went okay till next step "faxaddmodem'.
> Here there is a very slow communication with the modem, it result in a
> '38400 OK' but it takes 20 seconds.
> but immediately after it comes out with the following message "
> Hmm, somethings it seems to hung, check your modem eh ?"

 The above line appears just before it detects the modem as a class one
modem. It may sometimes take ten to fifteen seconds for something to
appear after that. Have you allowed it enough time to get further? Or,
does it just hang completely?

Matt