Re: [hylafax-users] Faxing from As400

* Jim Moseby <JMoseby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [040916 17:44]:

> > | The only problem I have with this is that Hylafax thinks
> > each page is TWO
> > | pages, and reports the wrong number of pages on the
> > coversheet.  No one
> > | seems to have a clue as to why.
> >
> > Because you have in fact two pages, with instructions in Postscript to
> > print one on top of the other?
> >

> Thats what I think too.  But the recipient of the fax doesn't understand
> this, they see "pages to follow ___2____" on the cover page, when only one
> actually follows.  Shouldn't Hylafax report the correct # of pages to follow
> on the coverpage?  I think so.

The HylaFAX server doesn't "count" pages.    The number of pages used
here is submitted by the client.

The standard sendfax client included with HylaFAX tries to count the
pages as best it can.  If you can improve on it, the code is in
util/SendFaxClient.c++:

/*
 * Count the number of pages in a PostScript file.
 * We can really only estimate the number as we
 * depend on the DSC comments to figure this out.
 */
void
SendFaxClient::estimatePostScriptPages(const char* filename)
{
[SNIP]
}

--
Aidan Van Dyk                                             aidan@xxxxxxxx
Senior Software Developer                          +1 215 438-4638 x8103