Re: [hylafax-users] OT: Re: open-source outbound voice messaging solution?

Check out Asterisk (or www.voip-info.org)

It can certainly do what you ask, and it is opensource and it is easily customisable, and I think someone has written a perl interface for it.

It works best with digital cards, but can also work well with analog ones, or FXO, FXS, ISDN gateway devices and of course VoIP providers.

It can also be tied to hylafax but thats mainly to support fax over SIP/VoIP stuff.

Sam

Lee Howard <faxguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote on 14/09/2004 18:13:13:

> On 2004.09.14 09:10 Michal Rok wrote:

> > I was approach by a friend of mine who is looking for an outbound

> > voice
> > messaging solution for credit collection. He went through various
> > auto-dialer Dialogic & Windows based packages, but almost all of them
> > had
> > the same limitations:
> > - limited customization ability when it comes to launching jobs from
> > database,
> > - lack of voice message flexibility - i.e. unable to speak out a
> > number
> > taken from database,
> > - unable to work in a different language than english (i.e. rules for
> > speaking dates work in English only).
> >
> > I was thinking that with basic Perl skills and a piece of software
> > that just
> > reads wave files (and perhaps enables the called party to press a
> > button to
> > replay the message) would be absolutely enough - I could easily set up
> > my
> > wave files from database information and send them out. So it would
> > look
> > just like hylafax, except for it would take wave files, not
> > postscript.
> >
> > Is anyone perhaps aware of an outbound voice messaging solution that
> > would
> > be either based on Hylafax (not sure if that's possible, but looks
> > like it's
> > a major difference), or just open source but not related to Hylafax?
>
> You can do the kind of thing that your looking for with just about any

> vgetty application.  An example would be VOCP (a perl application using
> vgetty).  This is what you would do if you wanted to use a small number
> of voice modems.
>
> You could also do that with an advanced PBX system such as Asterisk.

> This is probably what you would do if you wanted to use digital cards
> and such (for T1 PRIs, etc).
>
> Lee.

>   *To learn about commercial HylaFAX(tm) support, mail sales@xxxxxxxxx*

Winckworth Sherwood Solicitors and Parliamentary Agents
DX 148400 WESTMINSTER 5 : 35 Great Peter Street, London SW1P 3LR Telephone 020 7593 5000 Fax 020 7593 5099

Confidentiality
This email message and any attachments are confidential; they may be subject to legal professional privilege and are intended for the named recipient only. If you are not the named recipient, please return the message and enclosures immediately and delete them from your system.

Caution
Before advice received only by email (whether by attachment or otherwise) may be relied on, the authenticity of the communication must be verified by means independent of email.

Regulation
The firm is regulated by the Law Society.

Partners
A list of partners is available for inspection at each office of the firm and on the firm's website at www.winckworths.co.uk