[hylafax-users] open-source outbound voice messaging solution?

Hello Hylafax-Users,

I've been using Hylafax for outbound faxing for 9 months now and with over
50.000 calls made & received I'm more than happy with this solution. Dear
developers, thank you very much :).

I was approach by a friend of mine who is looking for an outbound voice
messaging solution for credit collection. He went through various
auto-dialer Dialogic & Windows based packages, but almost all of them had
the same limitations:
- limited customization ability when it comes to launching jobs from
database,
- lack of voice message flexibility - i.e. unable to speak out a number
taken from database,
- unable to work in a different language than english (i.e. rules for
speaking dates work in English only).

I was thinking that with basic Perl skills and a piece of software that just
reads wave files (and perhaps enables the called party to press a button to
replay the message) would be absolutely enough - I could easily set up my
wave files from database information and send them out. So it would look
just like hylafax, except for it would take wave files, not postscript.

Is anyone perhaps aware of an outbound voice messaging solution that would
be either based on Hylafax (not sure if that's possible, but looks like it's
a major difference), or just open source but not related to Hylafax?

best regards,

Michal Rok