Re: [hylafax-users] Debian Linux kernel 2.6.8 problem?

Il mer, 2004-09-01 alle 22:46, Eric Gendron - Caméléon ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to install hylafax in Debian (sid) with apt-get install
> hylafax-server.  I have the most recent kernel 2.6.  It's not my first
> hylafax installation with Debian but others have a 2.4kernel.  Is there
> a know issue with 2.6 ?
>
> At faxaddmodem, I have a problem after auto probe of the speed.  I have
> a repeat message that say there is a problem with the modem just after
> saying: 38400 OK.
>
> I try 2 external modems on ttyS0.
> -US Robotics Sportster 56K
> -Hayes Accura 56K (I have 2 other successfull installs with this one)
>
> hylafax-server        4.2.0-6
>
> Thanks.
> Eric.
>
> Probing for best speed to talk to modem: 38400 OK.
> /usr/sbin/faxaddmodem: line 896: 0: command not found
>
> Hmm, something seems to be hung, check your modem eh?

The '0: command not found' is a problem in the "trap" command.

The code is:
    (trap 0 1 2 15;
     while true; do
        sleep 10;
        echo ""
        echo "Hmm, something seems to be hung, check your modem eh?"
     done)& nagpid=$!
    trap "$RMCMD \$JUNK; $RMCMD -r $TMPDIR; kill $nagpid \$catpid; exit
1" 0 1 2 15
    SendToModem "AT+FCLASS=?"                   # ask for class support

    exec 3>&2 2> /dev/null  # Mute stderr against child death
    kill $nagpid
    wait $nagpid            # Really waits its end
    exec 2>&3 3>&-          # Restore stderr
that means: start a new process that should sleep 10 seconds, print a
message and then restart. If this process receive a signal 1 2 or 15
then it should execute the command '0'. Put the PID of this process in
the shell variable nagpid.
Then call SendToModem "AT+FCLASS=?" and wait for the result. When the
result arrive then the child process is killed.

Usually the child process is killed before it prints the first message
since the SendToModem returns immediately. In your case the SendToModem
does not return immediately so the child process print the message and
then tries to execute '0'.

Maybe a more correct command would be 'trap ":" 0 1 2 15', but the real
problem is that the SendToModem do not return correctly: check your
device permission, kernel driver, and so on.

Bye,
Giuseppe