Re: [hylafax-users] kill timer expired

Am Freitag, 27. August 2004 11:12 schrieb rmkml:
> Hi,
>
> I have two send fax srv in FR country,
>
> on hylafax v4.1.8,
>
> This msg "Kill timer expired",
>
> appear only one time,
>
> reboot resolved this pb.
>
> I don't know why pb appear and disappear.
>
> One fax srv send ~180 fax daily.
>
> Regards
>
> Rmkml@xxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

you should change the DefaultKillTime in your hyla.conf:

#default KillTime
KillTime: "now +72 hours"

HIH
- -m

> On Thu, 26 Aug 2004, Lee Howard wrote:
> > Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 10:07:55 -0700
> > From: Lee Howard <faxguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > To: Jean-Pierre Radley <jpr@xxxxxxx>
> > Cc: HylaFax Users <hylafax-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> > Subject: Re: [hylafax-users] kill timer expired
> >
> > On 2004.08.26 09:31 Jean-Pierre Radley wrote:
> >> Last night I generated about 600 faxes on a machine with two available
> >> fax modems.  Checking 'faxstat -d' this morning, I see hundreds of
> >> entries with "Kill time expired".  The fist few such entries are:
> >>
> >> 	6068 121 F   jpr 1734946----   0:1   6:12         Kill time
> >> expired
> >> 	6071 124 F   jpr 1203294----   0:1   3:12         Kill time
> >> expired
> >> 	6077 124 F   jpr 1262392----   0:1   3:12         Kill time
> >> expired
> >> 	6078 125 F   jpr 1651675----   0:1   2:12         Kill time
> >> expired
> >> 	6082 126 F   jpr 1516823----   0:1   1:12         Kill time
> >> expired
> >> 	6084 127 F   jpr 1610237----   0:0   0:12         Kill time
> >> expired
> >> 	6085 127 F   jpr 1770996----   0:0   0:12         Kill time
> >> expired
> >>
> >> All of the succeeding ones show 0:12 in the seventh column.
> >>
> >> I take it that these faxes were never even tried.
> >>
> >> What parameter have I set that could be more generous?
> >
> > Also, you probably should have used the "bulk" priority ('sendfax -P
> > bulk') which would have caused everything to have been attempted at least
> > once before trying anything again.  This keeps the problematic
> > destinations from slowing down the entire set.
> >
> > Lee.

>   *To learn about commercial HylaFAX(tm) support, mail sales@xxxxxxxxx*

- --
HAGOS eG                 phone: +49 711 7880592
Matthias Reich             fax: +49 711 7880535
Industriestr. 62           web: http://www.hagos.de
D-70565 Stuttgart         mail: rei@xxxxxxxx
Germany