Re: [hylafax-users] Multitech modem-MT5634ZBA-V92 & USB crashes my computer

I don't know enought about that particular modem to provide complete help
for you: I do know that if you have > 1 modem (USB or not), it usually
needs to be a hardware modem, not a soft-modem (winmodem).  Multitech has
one USB model of each.  Steve Tuckner watches this board and can probably
answer that part.

The only thing I'd recommend is setting up a remote syslog daemon.  When I
had USB conflicts (with a multi-function device) that locked up my
machine, having a remote syslog daemon actually showed me what that
problem was.  It's very easy to setup, if you have another *nix machine on
the network.  man syslogd for more or email me offline.

Hope this helps,
Bill