Re: [hylafax-users] Problems installing hylafax on a RedHat 9 server

* Jose Miguel Lopez-Coronado <jmlopez@xxxxxxxxxxx> [040722 12:32]:
> El jue, 22 de 07 de 2004 a las 18:07, Lee Howard escribió:
>
> > On 2004.07.22 03:26 Aidan Van Dyk wrote:
> >
> > > What about export LC_LANG=C LC_ALL=C etc. before running configure...
> >
> > Will that (does that) do the trick?
> >
> > Lee.
>

> YEAH!!!
> It did it. I owe you a big fresh beer (or two). OK, a coke or two will
> be all right also (only if you prefer it).
> By the way what does LC_LANG=C and LC_ALL=C mean?

Most recent software is "internationalized".  That means that all the
"strings" that need to be printed/displayed are translated into the
various languages.

"C" is the default that the program is provided with.  Your setup
probably has it set to something else to specify your local languages,
character sets, numeric formats, etc.

The configure script expects "version" to appear, which is the english
(C default) string gcc prints.  When you have a different language
configured, it prints out your language translation of "version", and
the configure script can find it.

We should probably make configure set it before any version/output checks.

aidan@xxxxxxxxxxx                                       command like a king,