[hylafax-users] Real-Time Fax Compression Usage

A new firmware version 1.32H has been released for the MultiTech-ZPX
modem and, compared to the earlier releases, RTFCC actually works without
problems using HylaFAX.  Earlier versions would give disastrous results.

My question is how to properly use the RTFCC capability.  As far as I know,
the HylaFAX documentation gives little information on RTFCC other than
setting up the configuration file (i.e. Class2RTFCC: yes).

I have created a 1D MH fax file from PostScript using the ghostscript tiffg3
device.  This 1D MH file was then given as a parameter to sendfax:

sendfax -m -n -d'phone number' 1D-MH-fax-file

HylaFAX transmitted the file without problem.  The log file showed
that the receiving fax machine wanted a 2D fax file and that the
real-time compression was used to create the 2D fax file.

Is this the proper procedure for using RTFCC?  Will any kind of
fax file (1D, 2D, or 2D MMR) that is submitted to sendfax be
converted by RTFCC?

Also, after installing the 1.32H firmware, my MultiTech-ZPX modem gives
the following result for the FCC=? command:

at+fclass=2.1
OK
at+fcc=?
(0-1),(00-0D),(00-02),(00-02),(00-01,03),(00-01),(00),(00-07),(00-7F)

What do these numbers mean?  I was not able to find anything about them
in the HylaFAX documentation, although class 2.0 and class 1 result codes
are described.

Are there any web sites that would explain these codes for class 2.1?

Class 2.1 operation seems very interesting but, probably because it is
relatively new, has been poorly documented.

Frank Peters