Re: [hylafax-users] Fw: Attached TIFF mail delivery

> >  Would it not be best to just supply a (with and without ftp link)
> > faxrcvd. If
> > someone sends the file attached to the email, doesn't necessarily mean
> > they
> > don't want other users to access the files. That way, they could just
> > select the
> > required faxrcvd script they want, depending upon their personal
> > requirements.
>
> I tend to agree.
>
> I am worried about how many possible WITH_THIS and WITH_THAT options we
> could end up having, though, if we don't generalize some.  And, at that
> point, isn't it easier just to tell the administrator to hack faxrcvd
> directly?
>
> Maybe it would be easier to have a kind of "fax notification mail
> template" file that includes keywords that the administrator could
> modify.  faxrcvd would produce the mail based on that template file...
> just a thought.
> Lee.

 Would not then the simplest way, be merely to incorporate a fully fledged
faxrcvd with yes/no variables, to enable or disable the relevant sections of
the script. Granted, this would probably require some rewriting of the script,
but then a basic list of parameters in the file would decide the required
options.
 Personally, I think customising the script as we do already, just by
editing, is good enough, but at least the former way would reduce the amount of
non working custom scripts.

Matt