Re: [hylafax-users] How do you deal with DRON/DROF?

On Tuesday 18 May 2004 14:12, James Pifer wrote:
> I have hylafax installed using a Conexant modem and the driver from
> Linuxant. I have distinctive ring enabled on the modem and get the ugly
> DRON/DROF messages instead of RING1, RING2 or the like.
>
> I've searched and people say to use these. When the distinctive ring
> number is called it seems like there's always at least one DRON=3. So in
> the config.ttySFSH0 I tried setting:
> RingFax:	"DRON=3"
> I also tried it without the quotes.
>
> Unfortunately it's picking up not only the distinction ring number, but
> the regular number as well.

Does this happen randomly or all the time?  The problem with just setting
one of the distinctive ring lines to "RingFax" or "RingData" is that the
numbers tend to jump around a bit, averaging out at a nominal value of "3"
or whatever.  A proper implementation of distinctive ring call discrimination
has to take this into account, as well as the other patterns in the
distinctive ring which make up the distinctive ring pattern.   This  requires
that the "RING" line not be sent to the DTE until the pattern is complete.
This is accomplished through a judicious choice of parameters for your
particular distinctive ring patterns in the At command "VDR=x,y" .

> Any suggestions? How are people handling distinctive ring with these
> DRON/DROF messages? Also, if I set RingFax do I also need to specify
> RingVoice=?
So funny you should ask this at this moment.
I'm releasing a patch for hylafax to handle distinctive ring soon, probably
tomorrow.

George