Re: [hylafax-users] MultiTech 5634ZBA v92 usb hungup during receiving.

Sorry that I am sending this message so late into the problem. I was also
experiencing the same problem. I know that there is a bug in the firmware of
the modem, since when ever this problem would occur, all the modem lights
would go on (except for maybe one), and the modem would hang. Rebooting the
computer would not take the modem out of its hung state. The only way to do
it was to unplug the usb modem from the port (thus depowering it - it gets
its power from the usb port), or from physically powering down the machine.
This was a problem for me since I remotely managed a hylafax server, and I
had to be on site to reset the modem, or find someone else to unplug it and
plug it back in.
This problem did not occur if hylafax is configured to use the modem as a
class 1.0 modem. This is a pretty good temporary solution since the new
version (beta) of Hylafax supports Supper G3 (hi-speed w/error correction)
faxing.
I just received a new test firmware from Multitech. They said that it might
solve the problem. I'm setting it up now, and I will wait to early next week
to see if the problem reoccurs. I'll post what happens on the mailing list.
Regards,
Joe