Re: [hylafax-users] Accounting, authentication and billing

On 2004.05.07 08:28 Kale Stedman wrote:
Hi all, new to the list. We're trying to set up a pay-for-play fax service for our clients, wherein they'll use a client or email-to-fax and we'll bill them at the end of the month for time used or pages sent or whatnot. The problem, however, lies in authentication and logging -- I can't figure a way to find out exactly who sent what. etc/xferfaxlog only shows the "from" address, which can be easily changed.

In 4.2.0 the login username is also logged in xferfaxlog (exactly for the purpose and reason you describe).

Is it logged anywhere the username used to connect to hylafax, and the job details initated by the user? The mail archives mention a clientlog, but I believe it to be deprecated.

clientlog isn't deprecated, but you have to enable it in hfaxd.conf, and it tells you about file transfers, not jobs, so matching up jobs with file transfers could be difficult.

Suggestions?

Try 4.2.0 (beta1, or better yet, CVS).

Lee.