Re: [hylafax-users] Sending multiple pages from different applica tions to ONE faxnumber

We have this requirement as well (haven't we had this thread before? :)

It's a real need.  Lee is right in that its one the server handles just
fine, but the clients right now make it pretty hard.

I actually recently had a developer working on an "assembly" program that
would essentially let you print multiple documents from multiple programs
and hold them temporarily.  It acted as a virtual printer, and you could
reorder them as needed (delete them, add PS/PDF files) and then send that
assembly to any printer (such as WHFC).

Two problems made us put this on hold: 1) we didn't have a good PostScript
person to help deal with the merging of the multiple PS files into one (I
know this isn't required for Hylafax, but it is for preview, or printing
out the doc to a standard printer).  2) Our client took one look at the
amount of hours estimated and balked.  They went back to printing and
faxing by hand (a bit infuriating).

Ideally, this would be built into the clients, and in fact, we were
planning on eventually open-sourcing this and offering it back to the WHFC
authors.  We simply don't have funding right now to proceed.

Anyway, that's my $.02

Binko

PS: Darren, how does HylaFSP handle this sort of requirement?