Re: [hylafax-users] Problem: Can't Add a Serial Number (Job ID) to Cover Page

On 2004.04.28 09:10 hylafax-users-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi,

I'm new to Hylafax, and the version that i use is 4.1.1 (Debian 3.0).
I have the need to set a Serial Number (Job ID) on Cover Page, to
registry in a formal manner the outbound fax. When i look the Faxcover
Man page, i didn't see any Symbol to resolve my problem and i didn't
see a client aplication implementing this. I know that i can put the
Job ID in the fax tag on all sub-pages, but is not what i need.

In resume: i need to put in a automatic way the the Job ID on cover
page, how can i do this?

As the cover page is generated by the client and the automatic job id is assigned by the server you would have to use a custom job id and add that to the cover page with the client program you use.

So, for example, if you use sendfax:

sendfax -i "your custom serial number" -r "your custom serial number" -d some_fax_number some_fax_file

Lee.