Re: [hylafax-users] Brooktrout or Eicon

Usually, for module compilation, it doesn't matter what version of the
kernel is running; it only matters what version of the kernel source is in
/usr/src/linux/ (where most build routines look for it.) That's the version
the module will be built against.

What I do is untar the new kernel source, and make /usr/src/linux a softlink
pointing to it.  Then I can build the kernel and whatever modules I need.