Re: [hylafax-users] HylaFax Login failed: 530 Login incorrect, font metric errors.

--- Hugh Esco <hesco@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hey folks:
>
> I'm trying this again in hopes of getting a response
> this time.
> Is there a file where such a password would be set,
> which I can hack?
> Is there a script I can run to reset this password?

man hosts.hfaxd
man faxadduser

http://www.hylafax.org/HylaFAQ/Q450.html

> [...]
> directory!
>
> The directory /usr/local/lib/ghostscript/6.53 does
> not exist or this
> file is not a directory. This is the directory where
> the HylaFAX client
> applications expect to locate font metric
> information to use in
> formatting ASCII text for submission as facsimile.
> Without this
> information HylaFAX may generate illegible facsimile
> from ASCII text.
>
> Warning: /usr/local/lib/ghostscript/fonts does not
> exist or is not a
> directory!
>
> The directory /usr/local/lib/ghostscript/fonts does
> not exist or this
> file is not a directory. This is the directory where
> the HylaFAX client
> applications expect to locate font metric
> information to use in
> formatting ASCII text for submission as facsimile.
> Without this
> information HylaFAX may generate illegible facsimile
> from ASCII text.
>
> Warning: /usr/local/share/ghostscript/common does
> not exist or is not a
> directory!
>
> The directory /usr/local/share/ghostscript/common
> does not exist or this
> file is not a directory. This is the directory where
> the HylaFAX client
> applications expect to locate font metric
> information to use in
> formatting ASCII text for submission as facsimile.
> Without this
> information HylaFAX may generate illegible facsimile
> from ASCII text.
>
> Warning: /usr/local/share/ghostscript/6.53 does not
> exist or is not a
> directory!
>
> The directory /usr/local/share/ghostscript/6.53 does
> not exist or this
> file is not a directory. This is the directory where
> the HylaFAX client
> applications expect to locate font metric
> information to use in
> formatting ASCII text for submission as facsimile.
> Without this
> information HylaFAX may generate illegible facsimile
> from ASCII text.
>
> Warning: /usr/local/share/ghostscript/fonts does not
> exist or is not a
> directory!
>
> The directory /usr/local/share/ghostscript/fonts
> does not exist or this
> file is not a directory. This is the directory where
> the HylaFAX client
> applications expect to locate font metric
> information to use in
> formatting ASCII text for submission as facsimile.
> Without this
> information HylaFAX may generate illegible facsimile
> from ASCII text.
>
> Make /var/spool/hylafax/bin/ps2fax a link to
> /var/spool/hylafax/bin/ps2fax.gs.
>
> Make /var/spool/hylafax/bin/pdf2fax a link to
> /var/spool/hylafax/bin/pdf2fax.gs.
>
> Update /var/spool/hylafax/status/any.info.

The messages in the log file are very
self-explanatory. You must check if ghostscript is
installed and if the package is installed already, you
can/must add symbolik links to wherever  are your
ghostscript et al files to comply with hylafax
requirements.
Cheers.