Re: [hylafax-users] also print outgoing faxes

On 16 Apr 2004 at 10:31, arco.simonse@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> At this moment I'm unclear about where to start with some experimental
> scripting work.
> Is notify.awk a good choice?

> > Objet : [hylafax-users] also print outgoing faxes
> > Some of my faxusers asked me if it would be possible that the outgoing faxes
> > they submit (from Winprint Hylafax client) are also printed with the
> > jobnumer
> > and date to a lpr at another location in the company.
> > Has anybody some experiences with doing somthing like this?

Hi Arco,
i patched hylafax to allows my users (using a patched version of SuSEFax)  to
select if they want a printout of the fax when it is successfully sent.
They can also choose the Printerqueue to print to. It works quite well for 2 or
3 years now in my environment.
The patch adds 2 new parameters for the JPARM-Request.

USEPQUEUE which is of type boolean and tells the server to print the job upon
successful completion and
PQUEUE which is a string containing the name of the printqueue to print to the
fax.

In lack of more time to spend with hylafax though, i only added those
parameters to the hfaxd-server and changed the notify-script to do the printing
job. I made no changes neither to the documentation, nor to the sendfax client,
which i wanted to do before i submit the patch. Well this was 2-3 years ago ...
The only program that knows up to now about the new parameters is the modified
SuSEFax Client we use here.
If you like, i could send you the patches.
If you have to have a printed version of each of those faxes you could just
modify notify.awk. as follows

if (nfiles > 0) {
	for (i=0; i < nfiles; i++){
		 system("lpr -P "yourprinterqueugoeshere" files[i]);
	}
}

Regards Thomas

--