[hylafax-users] Hrm... is transcoding of received faxes dysfunctional?

I'm using Hyla 4.1.7/.8, and have noticed that the received facsimile files
in recvq/* are of varying g3 compression formats.  Cross-checking a sampling
of them with the logs reveals that the received formats match the method
used during the transfer sessions to the server.

I have the following line in my config file [and yes, I've restarted faxgetty]:

RecvDataFormat:         "2-D MMR"

Shouldn't this transcode all inbound facsimiles to g3 2d-mmr regardless of
how they arrived?  I did a test from my home server [Rockwell chipset Class
1 skank modem] to my production server [shiny Multitech v.92 ZBA external in
Class 2.1], and the transcripts show the initial 1D first call, and then a
2D-MR subsequent call, which I know is normal.  However, the first file on
the receiving server is stored in 1D, while the second file is 2D-MR.  Is
there a configuration mechanism to transcode these on the fly to 2D-MMR?

I have disabled CQ on my modem to ensure I don't generate "bad" TIFF files
should there be some broken scan lines.

(With the following lines:)

Class2CQCmd:            AT+FCQ=0,0
Class2CQQueryCmd:       "!(0),(0)"