Re: [hylafax-users] Hylafax 400.000 inbound fax x month

Matthias,

HylaFAX can easily handle this level of concurrency - receiving is a
particularly lightweight operation in terms of resources used. Three E1
ISDN-PRI (Argentina is Euro-ISDN I think) circuits (90 lines/channels)
should take care of this nicely, leaving some headroom for peak loading. Put
all your eggs in one basket with three E1 boards in a single server, or
dedicate three servers to the job, each with one E1, leaving you with a
comfortable 60 channels in case you lose a server.

You'll want significant storage capacity of course, and pay attention to the
format you store them in ... you can win compression at the cost of
compatibility (see the RecvDataFormat config option and man tiffcp for more
information) with conversion and/or post-processing. Worth considering once
you reach this scale!

-Darren

--
Darren Nickerson