Re: [hylafax-users] Hylafax, vbox and mgetty...

Hi Lee,

thanks for the fast answer !!
Does this mean that I can deinstall mgetty from my system because hylafax comes with one (with mgetty, vgetty, viewfax, and sendfax),
or can I leave the mgetty-package on my machine and when installing hylafax, mgetty-sendfax wil be overwritten and only being usable by hylafax ?

Regards,
Henrik Bro Larsen
Aktinet IT-services

Lee Howard <faxguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

24.10.2003 19:45

Henrik Bro Larsen <hbrolarsen@xxxxxx>
cc
hylafax-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject

On 2003.10.24 08:43 Henrik Bro Larsen wrote:
> Hi :-)
> I am using vbox and hylafax on one machine (suse 8.2)
> vbox is already installed and with that mgetty. In the setup on
> hylafax.org
> its stated that this file should be remonved ?!?
> But I have seen several installations with both installed....
> How can that be ?

The mgetty package only conflicts with the "sendfax" part.  The mgetty
package comes with mgetty, vgetty, viewfax, and sendfax.  mgetty's
sendfax is different than and conflicts with HylaFAX's sendfax, but
mgetty itself and vgetty are fine (also viewfax).  So, in RedHat you
can use mgetty and mgetty-voice and mgetty-viewfax but not
mgetty-sendfax.

Lee.