Re: [hylafax-users] Do I need to configure anything special to get 2D-MMR+ECM in Class 1 on CVS?

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 00:34:19 -0700, An Intrepid HylaFax User
<hylafax@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>I just downloaded the CVS version of HFAX.... upgraded the binaries on my
>home faxserver, and did a test fax from my Multi-Tech ZBA (running in Class
>2.1) box running on a 4.1.7 installation.
>
>Not only did I *NOT* see ECM, but the negotiated compression was 1D-MH!!!!
>With HylaFAX 4.1.5 on the receiving end (what was running before), at least
>it was managing 2D-MR.

Your subject talks about class1, but the sending log is class2.1, so,
together with what Aidan said, consider that, unless you notice some
reliability problem, you can enable RTFCC in the zba config file, and it
will convert on the fly between MH MR MMR depending on remote capabilities,
so that you'll get always the best compression type, even if info file is
not present.

--
giulioo@xxxxxxxxx