Re: [hylafax-users] HylaFax + ISDN + CAPI??

On Wed, Oct 15, 2003 at 10:45:09AM +0200, ales wrote:

> >If you use it private and are not behind a PBX, i suggest a standard
> >fritz pci-card v2.0. Capi4linux and capi4hylafax are available for it.
>
> What is PBX???
private branch exchange
In german that is usually called a "Telefonanlage", it's basically
something that plugs into your external interface (in europe it's
usually a number of ISDN BRI/PRI interfaces), and gives you the ability
to connect phones and other devices on the inside.

What I basically meant is, that one way for you would be to plug an
analog faxmodem into "something" that connects it to ISDN ;)

> You have in mined this one???
> http://www.avm.de/en/index.php3?Produkte/FRITZ/FRITZ_Card_PCI/index.js.html
Probably :)

> >But you can also use a modem with an adaptor for ISDN if you don't
> >need ISDN functionality for faxing.
>

> Actualy I need onely faxing utilities.
>
> You mean normal exmp. v.90 v92 modem with ISDN adapter??? Where can I
> get these ISDN adapter?
Well, they are called a/b Wandler in German, and they are nowadays not
completely trivial to get (especially if you want to pay an acceptable
price), you can also use some cheap analog <-> ISDN PBX.

Andreas