Re: [hylafax-users] HylaFax + ISDN + CAPI??

On Wed, Oct 15, 2003 at 09:02:01AM +0200, ales wrote:
> Helo!
>
> I want to set up HylaFax on my RH8 server using my ASUSCOM 128k ISDNLink
> modem. Is there any possibility to instal it? Do I need to install CAPI?
I do not think so, as the ASUSCOM card is passive, and there are no
"analog" (meaning also fax g3) capable drivers in Linux for it.
> Where can I get it? I was looking on AVM site but I didn't find it.
The CAPI at the AVM site only works with AVM cards ;)

So depending upon you needs you can:

a) get an modem and plug it into a PBX that supports POTS devices.
b) get an active/semi-active card.
c) get an supported passive card (almost all AVM products).

If you get an CAPI ISDN card (that can fax), you can either connect it
directly (capi4hylafax), or by using the ISDN4LINUX (capidrv.o)
emulation layer. ;)

Andreas