Re: [hylafax-users] problem with a modem

On Thu, 2003-10-09 at 18:10, Abacus Computer wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have running hylafax Version 4.1.5, on redhat 8.0 with 2 peripheral
> practical modems.
> sendonly with faxgetty.
>
> Both modems are shown as:  Running and idle
>
> ttyS1 workes fine
> ttyS0 brings allways the message:
> Unknown problem (check modem power)
[snip]

I assume you've done the following for each modem:

faxaddmodem

faxmodem -c (blah) ttyS0
faxmodem -c (blah) ttyS1

Now test with sendfax -h ttyS0@xxxxxxxxx and sendfax -h ttyS1@xxxxxxxxx

What happens?

One other point; why are you running a getty if you want a send-only
environment?  If the above still has an error with ttyS1, then try using
faxstate to initialize the devices and don't use a getty.

HTH, STeve

--
Stephen Arnold <arnold.steve@xxxxxxxxx>
ENSCO, Inc.