[hylafax-users] fax2ps conversions

Hello, I have Hylafax V4.1 installed and running on Redhat 6.2  - I know I
need to upgrade :(  -   with 2x Multitech MT2834ZDxi modems running in class
2 mode. I do not have any major problems, except for the odd occasion when
some received faxes cause fax2ps to hang during the conversion. I suspect
that something in the transmission corrupted the original .tif file. If I
copy the original .tif file to another server running the latest version of
libtiff, the problem still persists. I am not sure if the fax2ps program is
actually frozen, it is possibly waiting for more input because it did not
get an EOL.

Does anyone have a fix for this, or does anyone know of a way of putting a
timeout on the conversion process, so that if it runs for more than a few
minutes it can be killed automatically? Could this be as a result of my
modem settings, would it be better for me to use class 1 instead of 2?

An example of the fax2ps command is

fax2ps -H10.75 -W8 -S -w fax00049.tif  > fax00049.ps

The error codes I am getting from the conversion are:

Fax3Decode2D: fax00049.tif: Bad code word at scanline 1130 (x 1387).
Fax3Decode2D: Warning, fax00049.tif: Premature EOL at scanline 1130 (got
1387, expected 1728).

I can also supply a sample of the file that causes this problem.

Regards
Enrico Payne

-