Re: [hylafax-users] Digi Board

On Wed, 2003-10-01 at 11:04, Phil Blake wrote:

> Has anyone had any success using a Dig board with Hylafax? We are
> trying to implement Hylafax on Redhat 7.3 or 9.0 with a Dig board and
> a bank of 8 US Robotics - Speedster modems. The problem that we are
> having is with the Dig board drivers. I would really appreciate any
> help given.

What specifically do you mean by "Digi board"?  I have an (untested)
Digi Etherlite 80.  This is the first time I've even seen one of these;
it looks like an ethernet switch, but most of the RJ-45 ports are
actually serial (in theory).

I'm still waiting for some adapter cables so I can test this setup with
our MultiTech MT5634ZBA modems.  The modems work fine so far attached to
real serial ports, but I have no idea how the Digi-thing is going to
perform.  According to the docs, their new RealPort kernel driver is
much improved over the previous one.  Also, older products can be flash
upgraded to the latest firmware, so you can update the drivers as well
(again, according to the docs).

I's love to get some feedback on these things too...

Steve

--
Stephen Arnold <arnold.steve@xxxxxxxxx>
ENSCO, Inc.