Re: [hylafax-users] managing fax

On Wed, 2003-09-24 at 02:10, gilles gobillot wrote:
> Bonjour,
>
> at home, I use hylafax on a linux PC.
> It works well, but I do not manage to erase a fax in the queue, ie when
> i compose a wrong number.
>
> I am obliged to connect as super-user, and destroy the files in the
> queue. Not very easy for a beginer (my wife ;-)
>
> Do you now a simpler way ?

Which client are you using, and is everything on one machine?

I'm no Hylafax guru, but tkhylafax can do this.  I think it's because
when it creates the sendfax command, it uses the -i switch to create its
own job identifier, which it then uses to manage each job.  This works
the same way whether you are using it over the network or not.  There
should be a new rpm on ftp.hylafax.org soon, but you can grab it here
from the download menu if you need it now:

http://arnolds.dhs.org

I would think other clients should also be able to manage jobs correctly
(even windoze clients) but each client program seems to have its own set
of features (sometimes without much overlap).  You pretty much have to
check out each one to see what it does.

HTH, Steve