Re: [hylafax-users] reloading configs

On 2003.09.18 11:44 Nicholas Bernstein wrote:
I've been trying to wait until a dead moment so I could sneak in a
restart of hylafax while there were faxes in progress. I assume that
this is true, but I wanted to verify it: if I give hylafax's init
script
the reload option, current faxes in progress will not be affected,
correct?

This is possibly correct. However, if faxq has spawned a faxsend process and it receives the kill signal and then faxq is restarted before faxsend exits ... then you'll end up with two faxq processes running, and that causes funky behavior. If you want to restart the daemons while outbound jobs are being processed then I recommend stopping them first, monitoring faxsend with ps, and then starting them when faxsend quits.

FaxSend re-reads the config file each time it is executed, so there's no need to "reload" the config if it is altered during an outgoing queue. FaxGetty is a different beast, however... but I don't think that you're needing faxgetty to reload the config.

Lee.