Re: [hylafax-users] Upgrade issue

Jeff Herring wrote:

So I upgraded from 4.1.5 to 4.1.7 on a redhat 8 system by doing rpm -Uvh hylafax-4.1.7-1rh8.i386.rpm

Restarted system.
faxstat -i still says 4.1.5

Do I need to run faxsetup or something else?
What did I miss?

-Jeff H.

My experience is a little different, but maybe it's pertinent. I installed Hylafax on a SuSE system from an rpm binary. But then I installed 4.1.7 from sources. It turned out that the rpm installation put the executables in /usr/sbin, but the source installation put them in /usr/local/sbin. After installing 4.1.7, the script that's invoked when you type "hylafax start" still ran the old executables in /usr/sbin. I fixed it just by copying the new files from /usr/local/sbin over the old ones in /usr/sbin. (In order to copy the faxgetty file, I had to stop the faxgetty process first.)

Michael Evans