Re: [hylafax-users] FW: example of faxmail send from outlook

FAXMAIL(1) FAXMAIL(1)

NAME
       faxmail - HylaFAX mail-to-fax gateway application

SYNOPSIS
       faxmail [ options ] [ destination [ from ] ]

DESCRIPTION
faxmail takes an electronic mail message on standard input and converts it to POSTSCRIPT® in a form that is
suitable for transmission as a facsimile. The converted document is either written to the standard output or,
if direct delivery is enabled, it is submitted directly to a HylaFAX server for transmission.

faxmail is designed for use in constructing electronic mail to facsimile gateway services. For example, mail
aliases may be created to automatically transmit electronic mail; e.g.

sam: "|/usr/bin/faxmail -d sam@5551212"
or faxmail may be used as a ``mail transport agent'', extracting the necessary delivery information directly
from the envelope of the mail message.

If faxmail is invoked without enabling direct delivery then it just formats the mail message on the standard
input and writes the result to the standard output. To enable direct delivery the -d option must be specified
on the command line; see below for more information.