Re: [hylafax-users] hfaxd dieing randomly

Giulio,

Are you running hfaxd as a daemon, or from inetd/xinetd?

If the former, can you connect to the parent hfaxd process with gdb? You
should be able to learn a lot when it exits, especially if you run a
non-stripped hfaxd binary.

If the latter, check that you're not exceeding your maxconnections value, in
which case hfaxd would appear to go to sleep for a few minutes.

Please mail me privately if you would like further assistance in tracing
this problem.

-Darren

--
Darren Nickerson