Re: [hylafax-users] incoming voice calls

The key word here is *completely* prevent hylafax from answering voice...

You need distinctive ring.  Then hylafax can be made to not answer voice
calls on the voice number, if desired.  With my phone co, distinctive ring
voice/fax on the same line costs an extra ~5$.

If you try to use vgetty's adaptive answer features, it will just end up
invoking vgetty *after* the call has been answered(after the set no of rings
you have entered in config.ttySN), and vgetty will then proceed to record a
voice mail or something.  In other words, you can just set it up to either
take a fax or take a voice mail(or take a data connection).  Hylafax will
find some way of answering the phone call.

George