[hylafax-users] modem wedged

permissions on devices haven't changed in a year and no changes have been made in months.

the only thing i noticed is that i do not have MaxSetupAttempts
setup in my config file. What do you think I should set it too? 4?

So what do you think caused the wedge? Maybe I got the FCS (Frame Check Sequence) error  becasue receiving side didn't get the correct amount of packets ?" Maybe Modem couldn't find MaxSetupAttempts in config and try to sync up again  and send the correct packets?

Thanks

Richard Geoffrion <richard@richardthecomputerguy.com> wrote:
Alexander Fonseca wrote:
> My modem was working okay now for over a year and today I finally got
> this error in the var/adm/messages----No faxes would go through
>
> Aug 27 09:07:21 rxgui-1 FaxQueuer[4343]: [ID 414172 daemon.error]
> MODEM /dev/cua/a003 appears to be wedged

Wedge man page.
http://www.bigbiz.com/cgi-bin/manpage?8+wedged

What are the permissions on your serial devices??
http://ftp.ntua.gr/pub/net/hylafax/archive/html/1998-10/msg00241.html

What has been updated on your system!

--
Richard