Re: [hylafax-users] WHFC 1.2.0

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 17:50:53 +0200, Ulrich Eckhardt <uli.e@gmx.de> wrote:

>i have released a new Release Version 1.2.0 of WHFC.
>This version fixes a bug of 1.1.8 that will cause WHFC
>to crash when a leading space was added in the Job/Rcv
>format settings. Also some cleanups in the internal version

Re: my email dated 2003-8-14 in thread "whfc-1.1.8" about issues with log
window status reporting.

I did some tests and it seems to me that:
1) there may be a kind of off by one error in detecting if the status is
empty or not. The format used in ViewLog.cpp is "%-4j %.60s" and then
there's a "-5" that I suppose it's the 4 of j + 1.
However I have one server with 5 digits jobid (so there are 6 chars at the
beginning).
I performed this test: send a fax from whfc and immediately faxrm it from $
prompt. Results: on the system with 4 jobid's I got "succesfully sent", on
the 5 jobid I got blank status.
When there's a real error the error message in the viewlog starts with a
space on the system with 5 digits jobid.
2) ViewLog should interpret log based on the %a which is F for failed and D
for successful transmissions. A blank extended status (%s) is not always a
successful transmission if %a=F.

Thanks

--
giulioo@pobox.com