[hylafax-users] Issues with files in /recvq folder

Hello,

I installed Hylafax last week as a sort of proof-of-concept for taking over
our fax services (currently handled by Winfax)... I have hylafax running on
a P166, 96Mb RAM, Redhat 8.0 (with all updates and the 2.4.20-19 kernel,
new Multitech MT5634ZBA external modem. The machine is slow, but it works.
When I get this all sorted out I'll probably get a dedicated machine and
maybe a multi-modem PCI card.

At first I only wanted incoming faxes mailed in pdf format, and that is
working just fine. However I am now trying to play with the archival and
outgoing functions of hylafax and I'm running into an issue. I'm using
Cypheus as the client. When I click on a received fax to view it in
Cypheus, I get a "The Document is not available" error. I figured this out
to be that the permissions on the tif files stored in
/var/spool/hylafax/recvq are wrong for viewing via the client, for example:
-rw-------    1 uucp     uucp        92290 Aug 18 07:35 fax00038.tif

I changed one of the files to 644:
-rw-r--r--    1 uucp     uucp       312906 Aug 18 09:36 fax00045.tif
and it works, I can view it in Cypheus.

So, my question is, do I have to write a cron job to change the permissions
on those files periodically or did I miss something in the setup process?
Thanks,

Cameron Clark
Systems Administrator
Architectural Construction Services, Inc.