Re: [hylafax-users] Fax service

--- Jürgen_Hoffmann <jh@byteaction.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are planning to set up a fax service for our
> customers, in which
> every customer will be able to send and receive
> faxes with his own
> number. We have close to 2000 Customers. So will
> something like this be
> possible?
>
> +49 3071 92165-xxxx
>
> So 92165 will be the fax number and xxxx will be the
> extension. Can
> Hylafax use xxxx to determine which user is meant
> and mail it to the
> user? Or does Hylafax provide an API or Extension
> Point, where something
> like this can be plugged?
>
> We are at an early planning stage, so a simple
> works, or does not work
> with hylafax would be enough.
>
> Kind regards
>
> Jürgen Hoffmann

It's possible but you must use ISDN cards and/or
modems. Analog modems can't pass that kind of
information (well, Multitech has one but it's
expensive). You must be bure that your Telco permit
12345-xxx or you will be stucked :-). Eicon hardware
is expensive but for such number of users it's
something you must consider. Search the mailling list
for DID.