[hylafax-users] Hylafax Compile error

Hi there everyone

I have been have a few problems compiling hylafax 4.1.7. After I have typed
this command ./configure, I get this output:

woody:~/hylafax-4.1.7# ./configure

Configuring HylaFAX (tm) (aka FlexFAX) 4.1.7.

If configure does the wrong thing, check the file config.log for
information that may help you understand what went wrong.

Reading site-wide parameters from ./config.site.
Oh no, not another i686-pc-linux-gnu system...
Using /usr/bin/cc for a C compiler (set CC to override).
Looks like /usr/bin/cc supports the -g option.
Using " -g" for C compiler options.
Looks like /usr/bin/cc has an ANSI C preprocessor.
... but __ANSI_CPP__ is not automatically defined, will compensate.
Looks like /usr/bin/cc supports the -M option for generating make
dependencies.

Cannot locate a suitable C++ compiler.

We attempted to compile the following test program:

class foo {
public:
    struct bar {
        int a;
        bar();
    };
    foo();
};
foo::bar::bar() { a = 0; }
foo::foo() { bar x; }
int main() { foo t; return 0; }

with these compilers:

     g++ gcc CC NCC DCC gcc2 xlC

but none of them were successful.

To build this software you need a C++ compiler that supports a
reasonably modern version of C++.  In particular the compiler must
support nested types and process temporary variables according to the
ANSI Reference Manual (the ARM).

If such a compiler is in a non-standard location, you can specify its
location in several ways:

    o set the environment variable CXX
    o create a config.local or config.site file that includes a
      definition for CXX
    o supply it on the command line using -with-CXX=<pathname>

If you are trying to use GNU gcc, but you do not have version 2.6.1
or newer, then you must update your compiler (and probably libg++ as
well) before you can compile this software.  Consult the documentation
for information about obtaining an up-to-date version of gcc.

Unrecoverable error!  Once youve: No such file or directory

I have also included the "config.log" file with this email, which is what is
suggested as the troubleshooting refernce.

I would also like to say that I have installed different versions of "gcc"
and "libg++", but there has been no luck.

Thanks a lot in advance to anyone who has any suggestions as to a solution.

Regard,
Technical Director
Ashley Shaw

LightSpeedDevelopment