Re: [hylafax-users] Newbie installation

--- Lee Howard <faxguy@howardsilvan.com> wrote:
> On 2003.07.29 13:28 uro jotne wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just downloaded HylaFax v. 4.1.7 and installed
> it
> > from sources. All went well until I ran faxsetup,
> > which complains that:
> >
> > 1) libXt.so.6 cannot be found. This is correct, as
> my
> > fax server is a bare Red Hat 8.0 without
> X-windows. I
> > will not run clients on the fax server, so perhaps
> > libXt.so.6 isn't needed?
>
> If I recall correctly, the libXt.so.6 issue is a
> RedHat bug.  They're
> missing a symlink somewhere.  Google on libXt.so.6
> and RedHat and
> you'll surely find it.
Yes, it says:
Shared libraries needed by the X Window System version
11 release 6.4

My point is that it seems strange that X11 libs are
required on the fax server.

> > 2) it cannot find the tiffg3 driver. I have
> installed
> > all the tiff-stuff and find gives a screen-full of
> > tiff-files, but nothing called tiffg3. What is
> this
> > file for anyway? Is it required?
>
> Could you please post the error-message exactly?

Yes, it is:

/use/local/bin/gs: error while loading shared
libraries: libXt.so.6: cannot open shared object file:
No such file or directory

FATAL ERROR: No tiffg3 driver in /usr/local/bin/gs.

HylaFax has been configured to use Ghostscript as the
PostScript
imaging program but the output of /usr/local/bin/gs -h
does not
list the tiffg3 driver as a configured driver (see
below).

% /usr/local/bin/gs: error while loading shared
libraries: libXt.so.6: cannot open shared object file:
No such file or directory
/usr/local/sbin/faxsetup: line 1225:
--------------------------------------------------------------------:
command not found

The tiffg3 driver is required for HylaFax to operate
correctly.
Consult the documentation for information on building
Ghostscript
with the necessary TIFF driver and then rerun faxsetup
when a new
Ghostscript has been installed.

END OF QUOTE

I do actually have Ghostscript installed and I have
set up a symlink to it (after faxsetup complained).