[hylafax-users] respawning too fast - issue resolved.

I recently install hylafax 4.1.6 and found that the faxgetty did not get installed into the /usr/sbin location.

I was getting the respawn message. I had a working copy of hylafax 4.1.5 so I removed the 4.1.6 version and installed the 4.1.5 version.

After getting the modem configured things started working. I decided to upgrade to ver 4.1.6 – when I started getting the respawning messages in the log file. I compared the faxgetty ver. 4.1.6  file to the current version in /usr/sbin and found them to be different. I then copied the faxgetty from the source directory to /usr/sbin and things started working just fine.

The faxgetty for ver 4.1.5 is different than ver 4.1.6 and when you do the install for 4.1.6 it doesn’t place the faxgetty file in /usr/sbin (at least not for me!!) . Anyway with all of the messages flying around about “respawning too fast” – this might help someone else. The other resolution would be to completely remove the hylafax files and re-install from the ground up.

Good luck

Frank Stewert

Computer Systems Analyst

PSR Phoenix, AZ