[hylafax-users] mgetty detection of VoIP calls

Good day all,

I work in the IT department of a corporate travel firm in Canada. Basically,
we setup corporate trips, book transportation, accommodations, etc. Our
offices are in Alberta, but we do business almost exclusively in Ontario.
After we set a trip up, we fax an itinerary off to our client – this is
starting to cause a lot of long distance charges, as business picks up.

Someone had the bright idea to place a server and a couple modems in a
collocation facility in the area code we are targeting, and use it to send
out our confirmation faxes – for this HylaFAX is perfect, and after many
tests I’m feeling pretty confident that I have this ready to be shipped out.
After seeing the potential success of this endeavour, it was further
complicated when people wanted to take advantage of the same savings for
inbound voice calls.

In a nutshell, we now plan to have three modems – two for sending out faxes,
one to receive faxes and voice calls. My question – is it possible to make
mgetty differentiate what type of call is being received on the third modem,
and direct it appropriately? Can mgetty direct voice calls to some sort of
VoIP server, like Asterix, and direct fax calls to HylaFAX, as normal?

I know that this is outside the scope of what HylaFAX was meant to do, but
it would be hugely helpful if it could do something.

Thanks,
-Ed Aronyk