Re: [hylafax-users] segfault when sending certain tiff files withc2faxsend

>>What does faxstat say?
>>Any entries of the Faxqueuer-Process in the syslog trying to send? Just
>>to checkout if config is OK but permissions are faulty.
>

> [eric@pepper ~] 1 $ faxstat
> Warning, verbose = Yes (line 16)
> Warning, timezone = local (line 25)
> Warning, Unknown configuration parameter "dialrules" ignored at line 33
> Warning, Unknown configuration parameter "fontmap" ignored at line 35
> Warning, Unknown configuration parameter "fontpath" ignored at line 36
> Trying localhost (127.0.0.1) at port 4559...
> Connected to pepper.
> 220 pepper server (HylaFAX (tm) Version 4.1.1) ready.
> -> USER eric
> 331 Password required for eric.
> Password:
> -> PASS XXXX
> 230 User eric logged in.
> -> TZONE LOCAL
> 200 Using time values in CET.
> -> PORT 127,0,0,1,128,12
> 200 PORT command successful.
> -> LIST status
> 150 Opening new data connection for "status".
> HylaFAX scheduler on pepper: Running
> Modem faxCAPI (): Running and idle

OK, the modem has been recognized by HylaFAX.

> 226 Transfer complete.
> Bad (null) user name; your password file entry probably has bogus GECOS field information.
>
> Found this though in the syslog for each fax queued:
> Jul 23 14:49:53 pepper FaxQueuer[215]: SUBMIT JOB 7
> Jul 23 14:49:53 pepper FaxQueuer[215]: NOTIFY: bin/notify "doneq/q7" "rejected" ""
> Jul 23 14:59:07 pepper FaxQueuer[215]: SUBMIT JOB 8
> Jul 23 14:59:07 pepper FaxQueuer[215]: NOTIFY: bin/notify "doneq/q8" "rejected" ""

The jobs are rejected immediately. I assume that they never go to the
queue! May be permissions problem.

Correct the "ServerTracing" parameter to get more info (see comments to
your config below).

In your previous mail i recognized, that the files are owned by
root.root . AFAIK, this should be "uucp" (or "fax" in newer versions of
hylafax) for user/group. You can try to "chown -R uucp.uucp
/var/spool/hylafax" the whole tree and see if this helps.

> - on tracing set to high when sending a fax:
> match against (..., 512)
> rule: offset 0 string = "%!" -- failed (comparison)
> rule: offset 0 short = 0x4d4d -- failed (comparison)
> rule: offset 0 short = 0x4949 -- success (result tiff, rule "")
> Apply DisplayNumber rules to "2855945"
> --> return result "2855945"
> -> FORM TIFF
> 200 Format set to TIFF.
> -> TYPE I
> 200 Type set to Image.
> SEND data, 181636 bytes
> -> PORT 127,0,0,1,128,14
> 200 PORT command successful.
> -> STOT
> 150 FILE: /tmp/doc7.tif (Opening new data connection).

Is this one of the tiff-files you said are not going through?

Begin with a simple textfile to check outgoing service.
Try: sendfax -n -d xxxx /etc/passwd

If this works, proceed with a pdf-file.

> 226 Transfer complete (FILE: /tmp/doc7.tif).
> -> JNEW
> 200 New job created: jobid: 7 groupid: 7.

> -
> Eric Smith

> #ContCoverPage:         "etc/cover.templ"
> #DestControls:		"etc/destctrls"
> #DialStringRules:       "etc/dialrules"
> #QualifyCID:		"etc/cid"
> #QualifyTSI:		"etc/tsi"
> SeverTracing: 0xFFFFFFFF
^^^^^^^
This has been a tippy. Should be ServerTracing: ...

> #ServerTracing:		0x08501
> InternationalPrefix:	00
> SendFaxCmd: /usr/bin/c2faxsend

I am missing some stuff here like:

LogFacility:            daemon
CountryCode:            49
AreaCode:               211
LongDistancePrefix:     0
DialStringRules:        "etc/dialrules.europe"
DeviceMode:             0666
SessionTracing:         527

> [...]
> # die Subsection die Angaben für die Rufannahme jedes Controllers.
> # Es können beliebig viele Sections und, darin enthalten, jeweils beliebig
> # viele Subsections erzeugt werden.
> # Jede Section muss aber einen anderen HylafaxDeviceName erhalten;
> # zusätzlich muss in jeder Subsection innerhalb einer Section ein anderer
> # Controller aufgeführt werden. Beim Stand-Alone-Betrieb ist eine Section mit
> # entsprechend vielen Subsections ausreichend, da in diesem Betriebsmodus die
> # virtuellen DeviceNamen keine Rolle spielen.
> #
> # The curved brackets indicate the beginning and end of a section.
> # Each section may contain one or more subsections.
> # SubSubSections are not permitted.
> # The section contains information about a virtual device; the subsection the
> # call acceptance information for each controller.
> # Any number of sections containing any number of subsections may be
> # generated, but each section must receive a different HylafaxDeviceName; and
> # a different controller must be listed in every subsection within a section.
> # For stand-alone operation, it is sufficient to have just one section with
> # as many subsections as required, since virtual DeviceNames do not play
> # any role in this mode of operation.
> #
> {
>
>     # "HylafaxDeviceName" ist der Name, unter dem sich C4H bei HylaFAX als
>     # "virtuelles Modem" anmeldet. Sollen für HylaFAX mehrere dieser "Modems"
>     # erzeugt werden, legen Sie einfach eine neue Section mit einem anderen
>     # HylafaxDeviceName an.
>     #
>     # "HylafaxDeviceName" is the name, under which C4H registers in HylaFAX as
>     # a "virtual modem". If multiple "modems" are to be generated for HylaFAX,
>     # simply create a new section with another HylafaxDeviceName.
>     #
>     # default   faxCAPI
>     #
>     HylafaxDeviceName:          faxCAPI
>

>     # "RecvFileMode" ist der Mode, in dem empfangene Faxe abgespeichert
>     # werden. User und Group der Datei wird durch FaxReceiveUser (s.o.)
>     # festgelegt.
>     #
>     # "RecvFileMode" is the mode, in which received faxes are saved. User and
>     # Group of the file are determined by the FaxReceiveUser (see above).
>     #
>     # default   0600
>     #
>     RecvFileMode:               0600
>

>     # "FAXNumber" ist die eigene Nummer des Computers und wird der Gegenseite
>     # mitgeteilt (sichtbar z. B. im Fax-Journal).
>     #
>     # "FAXNumber" is the fax number of the computer itself and is transmitted
>     # to the remote site (visible in the Fax Journal).
>     #
>     # default   ""
>     #
>     FAXNumber:                  "Fax No. 00 31 15 219 0524"

Use just numbers here and one of "-", "." instead of blanks.

>     # "LocalIdentifier" ist der von CAPI aus konfigurierbare Teil der
>     # Kopfzeile. Ein leerer Eintrag führt dazu, dass keine Fax-Kopfzeile
>     # eingefügt wird.
>     #
>     # "LocalIdentifier" is the part of the fax header which can be configured
>     # from CAPI. An empty entry specifies an empty header.
>     #
>     # default   ""
>     #
>     LocalIdentifier:            "Fruitcom BV, Delft"
>

>     # Die maximale Anzahl von gleichzeitig empfangbaren Faxen kann
>     # durch "MaxConcurrentRecvs" angepaßt werden. Diese Anzahl wird
>     # durch die Anzahl der durch die Hardware zur Verfügung
>     # gestellten B-Kanäle begrenzt.
>     #
>     # The maximum number of faxes that can be received at the same
>     # time can be adjusted using "MaxConcurrentRecvs". This number
>     # is limited by the number of B channels provided by the hardware.
>     #
>     # default   2
>     #
>     MaxConcurrentRecvs:         2
>

>     # ----------- outgoing params -----------
>
>     # "OutgoingController" gibt den Controller an, über den eine externe
>     # Verbindung aufgebaut werden soll.
>     #
>     # "OutgoingController" indicates the controller which is to be used to
>     # establish an external connection.
>     #
>     # default   1
>     #
>     OutgoingController:         1
>

>     # Die "OutgoingMSN" ist die MSN, die für ausgehenden Faxe benutzt wird.
>     #
>     # The "OutgoingMSN" is the MSN used for outgoing faxes.
>     #
>     # default   ""
>     #
>     OutgoingMSN:                "00 31 15 219 0524"

Place just an MSN here, e.g. 2190524.

>     # CLIR (Rufnummernunterdrückung) kann über "SuppressMSN" und den Wert (0)
>     # abgeschaltet oder mit dem Wert (1) erneut angeschaltet werden.
>     #
>     # CLIR (Calling Line Identification Restriction) can be switched off using
>     # the value (0) or switched back on by entering the value (1).
>     #
>     # default   0
>     #
>     SuppressMSN:                0
>

>     # "NumberPrefix" wird vor jede Telefonnummer gestellt. Dies ist bei
>     # Nebenstellenanlagen wichtig, bei denen für den Aufbau einer externen
>     # Verbindung eine Ziffer vorgewählt werden muss.
>     #
>     # "NumberPrefix" is set to precede each telephone number. This is
>     # important for PBX systems which require that a number be dialed to
>     # obtain an outside line.
>     #
>     # default   ""
>     #
>     NumberPrefix:
>

>     # Wenn der Wert in "UseISDNFaxService" = 1 ist, wird ein ausgehender Ruf
>     # mit der ISDN-FAX-G3 Dienstekennung aufgebaut. Bei 0 wird eine 3.1kHz
>     # Audio-Verbindung hergestellt.
>     #
>     # When in "UseISDNFaxService" the value is = 1, an outoing call will be
>     # established using the ISDN-FAX-G3 service indicator. For 0, a 3.1kHz
>     # audio connection is established.
>     #
>     # default   0
>     #
>     UseISDNFaxService:          1

AFAIK, this uses the ISDN-FAX-Service-Indicator for outgoing calls with
the result that you can't send to analog fax machines! I set mine to 0.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Holger Raschke
IT-Strategie und Controlling

RB Presse-Data GmbH
D-40196 Düsseldorf
Hausadresse:
Zülpicher Str. 8a                 Tel: +49 (0) 211 / 5697 - 395
D-40549 Düsseldorf                Fax: +49 (0) 211 / 5697 - 111395
E-Mail: holger.raschke@Presse-Data.de